One of the greatest challenges, to proceeding, with, better, more effective, public policies, is, too many voters, cast – their – votes, based on populist, often – empty, rhetoric and promises, instead of competency, preparedness, and focusing on the best, most relevant, and sustainable, course of action, into – the – future! This SHORT – sighted behavior, and continuous tendencies, become the so – called, perfect storm, which prevents, proceeding with common sense, and emphasizing service and representation, for the greater good, instead of any personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Strengths/ stronger; system; serve; sustainable; solutions: How one proceeds. forward, and whether he uses society’s strengths, effectively, and makes us, truly, stronger, differentiates between the finest, public leaders, and the rest – of – the – pack! It takes a willingness, and ability, to perceive and conceive of, create, develop, and implement, the best system, which will serve, all of society, as well as possible! Great public officials seek, both, relevant, as well as, sustainable solutions, to each, and every challenge, etc!
2. Healing; humane; honest; honor; head/ heart: How can we expect what we need, unless/ until, we elect truly, healing officials, with genuine, humane priorities, combined with being willing to be, as honest, as possible? We need public leaders to have the honor, to align, their emotional, and logical components, in a head/ heart balance, in order to achieve the best possibilities, consistently!
3. Options; open – mind; organized: Let’s try to elect, people, who will consider, a variety of options, and alternatives, with an open – mind, and, proceed, in an organized manner, to consider the realistic, bigger – picture!
4. Relevant; realistic; reasoning/ rationale; representation: We only receive the representation, we need, if our elected officials, are realistic, and relevant, with well – considered, reasoning, and a willingness, to clearly explain, and articulate their rationale, fully! Only then, will we minimize, potential, dangers, if we don’t, do so!
5. Timely; time – tested; together; trends: The ultimate goal and priority of an elected official, must be, to bring us, together, creating a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good! Only, when one proceeds, with well – considered, timely actions, and understanding time – tested, principles, and ideas, etc, will he bring us, together! Times change, and evolve, so a true leader, investigates current trends, to see, if, any, might optimize his performance!
Aren’t you tired, of, SHORT – sighted, public officials? Are you ready to demand better representation, and far – better, service?