I don’t know, how you feel, but, personally, I find those, who, wrap – themselves, in the Constitution, when it serves their purposes, personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interests, in a selective way, rather than conforming to, and demanding, all our RIGHTS and freedoms, are respected, and honored! It is not, the so – called, American Way, to strongly support, for example, one’s interpretation of the Second Amendment, but, only, selectively, consider, several of the other Constitutional guarantees, and components! We should all, be concerned, when, some state, they are, originalists, in their interpretation of the Constitution, because, when this was written, slavery was permitted, women didn’t have several rights (including voting, etc), and the guns, of those days, took close to 2 minutes, to reload, while some of today’s weapons, are automatic, and/ or, semi – automatic, firing multiple rounds, in a very – short period of time! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Realistic; reasons; responsible/ responsive; right: Ideally, the guiding – principle of the Constitution, should be, to do the right thing! We need realistic, well – considered, strategies and actions, with clearly – identified, reasons, which are, responsible, and responsive, to the greater good!
2. Ideals; ideology; integrity; inspire: The over – riding, ideals of our Constitution, should direct a core ideology, based on, liberty and justice, to all! Unfortunately, most of us, will not be inspired, etc, unless/ until, our elected officials, clearly, demonstrate, they possess, absolute integrity, especially, when there might be a more – convenient, potential, path!
3. Generate goodwill; greater good: My perception, and belief is, ideally, Constitutional guarantees, should be honored, in a relevant way, and emphasize, providing the best set of circumstances, based on the greater good!
4. Healing; humane; head/ heart: Most believe, the documents, this nation were founded – upon, were based on the Founding Fathers’ experiences, and less – than – desirable treatment, from England! It would have been designed, to be a healing document, to bring us, together, in a humane way! Unfortunately, few political leaders, today, are ready, willing, and/ or, able to align the finest components of both, their logical and emotional components, in a head/ heart balance!
5. Together; truth/ trust; time – tested; timely: We must begin, proceeding, with an emphasis, on bringing us, together, for the greater good, using time – tested wisdom and judgment, and proceeding, in a well – considered, timely manner! Wouldn’t we be, more – willing, to trust, these so – called, leaders, if they told the truth?
6. Sustainable; solutions; service; strengths/ stronger: There are too many, populist politicians, elected, when we need to elect individuals, committed to the highest – quality, service and representation, who consider, the bigger – picture, and pursue, the finest, sustainable solutions! If we used this nations strengths, to make it better, for – all, it would become, far – stronger, and a better example, of democracy, at – its – best!
Wake up, America, and demand better, more honorable service and representation, so we may, once again, become a beacon, for democracy, and human rights, throughout the world! Are you ready to become a more responsible voter?
5 Examples Which Indicate You Can’t Really Understand Voters Perceptions!
Critical Thinking: Can Repression Allow A Society To Appear More Evolved Than It Is?
6 Emotional Reasons Voters Vote As They Do!